Monday, April 11, 2011

10 Names



This summer I have the privilege of going to Nauvoo for a youth conference. During this trip, we will visit the Nauvoo temple and be able to do baptisms for the dead. We are encouraged to bring ten names, and I am very happy because I just found the 10th one today.
In case any of you care, these are the names:

~John T. Hubbard~

~Richard Newton~

~Alexander Betterton~

~William Sutcliff Minard~ ( one of the harder ones, but I found him on a cemetery record)

~Robert Burnaby~

~Levi Minard~ ( inventor of Minard's Liniment)

~Joseph H. Minard~

~John Minard Sr.~

~Edward F. Burnaby~

~Nathaniel Minard~ ( the hardest one I had to find, he died of an illness in the west indies, so he wasn't buried in the same cemetery as his family, we think he was thrown overboard when he died)

Even though I didn't comment on all the names, I felt very blessed every time I found one of them, and I know that they are all happy that I found them. Family history is a fun past time and I hope to find even more in the future.

12 comments:

Babzanne Barker said...

I loved this blog, Michael! I'm so happy that you persevered and found names even when it was hard. And I loved reading the facts you included!

Diana said...

I'm so proud of you Michael! I was so impressed when I was over there today and you were working on this. You will have to teach me how to do that now =) I love that one of the people you found is named Levi!

AJ and Cindy said...

this is really cool! I want to learn how to do it, too. It seems so hard to do all that, you must be really good at it! Those are some neat names!

Clement Park Ward Youth Trek said...

You forgot to mention that I found some of these names, ahem.

GOod job one the ones you found though. I wish I could go to Nauvoo.

Daniel said...

That's cool Michael. I didn't know that you had been working on it. Good job and you are gonna have a great time in Nauvoo!

Daniel said...

good job! i am so proud for youuuuuuu!! :)

Daniel said...

is charbel :)

Clement Park Ward Youth Trek said...

I'm glad you enjoy family history though. We will have to talk about it when I get home; I will bring that chart Forrest and I have been compiling together :)

Kristalyn said...

You will have so much fun in Nauvoo! That is so cool that you found those names (with Katie's help haha) I always just assume that most of our work is done 'cuz we have so many people working on it, but every person counts! Great job!

Kristalyn said...

PS, What is Minard's Liniment and which side of the family are these names from?

Michael said...

Thanks guys! I am very excited for nauvoo. Minards Liniment is a medicine for aches and pains that you just rub on, and Levi was on grandma barker's side of the family. Cindy and Diana, I would love to teach you guys! And katie, that would be cool if you and forrest brought that chart thing! :)

Linda said...

I am grinning from ear-to-ear! Especially since I recognize the first two names on your list! Seriously, Michael...the other day I was on newfamilysearch and I saw that you had reserved one of the Park names. I am not sure how to describe the feelings I had, but it was a mixture of delight, great happiness and confidence. Have a great trip!